Happy New Year to you and your families! Thank you so much for following along, being here every day, for trying my recipes and sharing them with your friends and family. Most importantly, thank you for being a part of Olga in the Kitchen family!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
December flew by and another year has gone bye-bye! Every year December is the busiest month, probably because with all the baking and cooking going on for the major, biggest, favorite holidays for us!
It’s hard to believe we are past Christmas! Our tree is still up because we celebrate Ukrainian Christmas as well on the 7th of January. I assume you all know I’m originally from Ukraine :). It’s very important for us to keep our traditions alive. We usually take it down by the 15th. We like to hang on to the comfort, lights and Chrismas-y feeling as long as possible.
I am so thankful for every one of you and for following along. Thank you for your love, support and encouragement. It’s so rewarding knowing my recipes are made in your kitchen :). It almost feels like you’re in my kitchen with me every day, cooking, baking and going all out.
I had few major milestones this year that I feel absolutely proud of and without God, I would not achieve them. I am thankful to God for helping me through this journey.
- Celebrated a 2-year blogoversary. Feels like it was all starting just yesterday.
- I had my site completely redesigned and organized, showing most viewed, featured and in-season recipes.
- Major growth on all social media platforms! YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Email – all increased MAJORLY! I’m so thankful to all of you. The more it grows, the more motivated I feel to just post, post and post new recipes!
Every time you leave a comment, share, tag (#olgainthekitchen) on Instagram or Facebook, I light up and get more motivated to do even more. It’s a huge honor!
Photo Step-by-Step Tutorials Will Continue:
A month ago, I posted a poll to Instagram story asking how many of you prefer step-by-step recipe tutorial with photos and 92% of you said photos. I was surprised, it’s such a huge percentage. I received messages saying that one of the reasons you love my recipes because of these step-by-step tutorial photos. Therefore, I decided to keep them and keep including with every recipe.
Many food bloggers post more often and include only the completed food photos. Tutorial photos take a lot of time to capture every step and add a loads of photos to the editing and posting process. So be patient with me :). After all, I’m a team of one. All the recipe testing, capturing, editing, writing, posting, making videos – it’s all just me!
2020 Year Preview and Excitement:
Like every year, I made goals and plans for 2020 year. I am looking forward to share great new recipes and videos with you. I set myself goals to help me move smoothly through the year and keep myself motivated. But if I don’t complete them, don’t yell at me :). I always try my best!
From your requests and comments, there will be more savory recipes coming onto blog. I think we all had enough sugar for past couple years. Dinner recipes, easy slow cooker recipes and soup recipes are coming. If you have any other requests, leave them in comment section below.
What’s Next for Olga in the Kitchen – 2020 Year Goals:
- New recipes either Tuesday or Friday. (I set myself a goal and will share results next year). I already have few lined up.
- More recipe videos – you keep asking for more and I hear ya :).
- If you’re more of a Facebook buddy – it’s your lucky day! I am making Facebook my priority for social media in 2020. I have to admit I had been a bit lazy about it in the past, or mainly because I just wish there were 48 hours in a day because 24 is simply not enough.
- More ‘how-to’ tutorials and tips are coming to make your cooking and baking run smoothly.
- I have few Lifestyle category posts coming as well.
- Grow my Email Subscribers List – you can subscribe on the banner that’s literally on every page and post. The faster I get more subscribers, the sooner I will be sending an official weekly or monthly email. At the moment, you only get an email when a new post has been published.
- Redo photos for old recipes. I’ve got quite a few that I feel totally embarrassed about :).
- There will be few giveaways happening. They will be offered to USA readers in 48 states (excluding Alaska and Hawaii).
2 WINNERS: Pizzelle Maker Giveaway (CLOSED!!)
To celebrate New Year, the #1 popular recipe of 2019 and start off with a good baking mood, I’m giving away TWO Pizzelle Makers. Giveaway ends January 8th, 2020 at midnight (PST). *Two winners will be randomly selected on the 9th.
- Login on Rafflecopter widget below using email links or Facebook.
- Use one or all giveaway entry options for more chances to win. Click the check box at the right to enter on each entry.
- If you are having trouble with entering, feel free to leave a comment below.
- Giveaway ends Wednesday, January 8th, 2020 at 11:59pm PST. Winner will be randomly selected next day.
- The rules: this giveaway is open to USA Residents in 48 states (excluding Alaska and Hawaii). Must be 18 years or older. One entry per person. Winners will be randomly selected and notified by an email (make sure to enter your correct email when posting comments below). You will have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected. *This giveaway is not sponsored in any way.
Happy New Year, My Friends!
Wishing you all a happy and blessed New Year! God Bless you and your families. Happy New Year!
P.S. How did you celebrate New Year? What foods did you eat and how many calories have you gained? I’d love to hear about it 🙂